Thursday, November 8, 2012

The buzzzzzz

I just love that amazing buzz, that feeling of adrenaline fueled excitement, that tingle down your spine when another little part of the big picture starts to take shape.  It's walking around with that "dupid" smile on your face for no apparent reason, it's the unexpected realization that it really is possible to make things happen, it just takes a little bit of oooommmpppph.

To paint a clearer picture of my life, I have to fit my obsessive Kenya project activities around my very busy work schedule.  And during the past eleven weeks my workload in the "Real World" has been mammoth to say the least.  Though only a very small part of my job the introduction a new Ministry of Education payroll system has created havoc up and down the length of the country.  With it's failings and inadequacies more than quadrupling the payroll duties of the staff that handle it.  But it finally looks like the battle is being won, and my days are starting to regain a little of their normal, crazy but not manic composure.  I took advantage of this today, and fired off an email to a supplier of mine.  I needed to to act on one of my 'oh that would be a good idea' moments, that I'd experienced around two o'clock this morning...

So here's what I did, in fact it's so simple I can't really take any credit whatsoever, I sent an email to Industrial First Aid supplies, a local company I've purchased all first aid supplies for the school through for the past six years, and outlined my project, I requested that they consider donating some first aid items for me to take and give to the children's home and if there is enough also to the HHF team.

Within less than five minutes my phone was ringing, it was Liz, one of the team at Industrial First Aid Supplies in Mount Roskil asking what exactly I would like, how much did I want five or ten kg? How amazing is that??? Now don't get me wrong ten kilograms of first aid supplies would have been fantastic, and it broke my heart to do this, but I had to say "just five kg please" otherwise the ten kilograms I was given by VirginAustralia yesterday would be totally negated.

So there we have it, five kilograms of first aid supplies, when the goods arrive in the next day or so, I will look at what has been donated, and assess how to distribute it, I will attempt to decide the best recipient be it the children's home or the team on the medical run, or maybe both.

  

"Life is good, appreciate what you have" - Jacqui'ism


It arrived today!!! A MASSIVE thank you to Industrial First Aid 

No comments:

Post a Comment