Friday, December 20, 2013

One year on............

I developed this page in 2012 for the sole purpose to create awareness of my fundraising efforts to raise enough funds to volunteer in Nakuru Kenya.  A goal I proudly achieved.

Now for the next leg of the journey, this page is has now evolved to promote my fundraising and charitable efforts both locally and further afield. 

I would love for you to share this page and join me in my efforts to make your corner of this world a better place. 

My latest initiative is Warm Coats for Winter, I recently posted this on my Facebook Page why not check it out -  https://www.facebook.com/AbsOlutelyabslootle

"WARM COATS FOR WINTER......
I don't know about you, but the summer holidays are when I clear out of my wardrobe. Chances are hidden away at the back of your closet is an old coat or jacket that you don't wear anymore because it's not quite the fashion, or it's gotten "smaller" over time. These jackets stay there because it seems wrong to throw out these expensive items so they sit unworn year after year.
But this year there is a fantastic reason to pull out that old coat or jacket and experience just how good it feels to help somebody.
So here's the plan. WARM COATS FOR WINTER....... I'm starting a collection of good condition, warm coats and jackets that will be given directly to those that need them, (not just dumped into a clothing bin where you never know if the needy actually benefit.) I intend to contact the Auckland City Mission and see what their needs are and I also have a contact within the Waitemata DHB - Public Health Nurse, who can give directly to families in need.
So this year, clear out the cupboards, but put that coat/jacket to one side and together we can make the needy of Auckland a little bit warmer when winter gets here."


“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.”
― Dalai Lama XIV



No comments:

Post a Comment